- This event has passed.
Open Opportunity Canberra 2017
November 30, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
Focussing on guiding new engagement strategies for technology and digital industries to sell to and collaborate with government
Open Opportunity Canberra brings together over 100 digital leaders from across the public sector to discuss, debate and define the future of digital services across the Australian government.
The Australian Government is going through a tech spend rethink, reforming its information technology procurement rules. The immediate priority is an overhaul of its IT spending rules, tearing the public service from outdated procurement methodsand its risk-averse culture.
In alignment with the government’s aim to be “more porous” and capture the great ideas from “outside” the Open Opportunity forums in November opens the path for a surge of opportunities for all suppliers across the technology and digital industries to engage with, collaborate, and sell to government.
Open Opportunity forums aim to guide the technology and digital industries with granular and detailed government policy changes and new procurement rules, to develop more effective government engagement strategies.
With key ministerial participation from federal and state governments, the forums aim to:
- Gain a clear vision and timeline to how government will consider new technologies or approaches with substantial benefit to federal, state and local government services
- Review the open data inventories to be submitted by departments and agencies
- Examine the development of the frameworks for Unsolicited Proposals(UP) policy
- Address the protection of the proprietary interests of the technology companies
- Examine new opportunities to access key government procurement panels
- Provide update on key state and municipal policies geared to engage further with the private sector to adopt new technologies to drive their services
- ICT procurement and its role in digital transformation
- Market Place Strategy: How Australian SMEs take advantage of opportunities
- Digital skills, data skills and the service delivery pipeline
- Open Data and strategies for public-private partnerships
- Best practice industry engagwement to build a stronger Australian tech industry
- Security – strategic freameworks for federal-state identity management and the role of private sector on authentication
Who will be there
- Public sector chief information officers
- Chief digital officers
- Chief technology officers
- Change management executives
- Procurement specialists
- Senior human resources managers
- Policy advisors
- Senior communications managers
- Angus Taylor, Assistant Minister for Smart Cities and Digital Transformation, Australian Federal Government
- Stephanie Foster, Deputy Commissioner, APSC Australian Public Service Commission
- Thomas Hajdu, Chief Advisor for Innovation, SA Government
- Wayne Gerard, Founder and CEO, RedEye
- Aidan Tudehope, Co-Founder, Macquarie Government
- Gil Kirkpatrick, Chief Technology Officer, ViewDS (USA)
By booking your ticket you automatically receive a free subscription to InnovationAus.com.